Due to travel bans because of Covid we are not able to send applicants overseas, but please enquire on the programme you wish to go so you can be first in line to go once we can open up again
Summer camps in the USA
The American Summer Camp tradition started in 1861 and today, over 12 000 Summer Camps cater to more than 10 million children. These camps generally exist in beautiful rural areas, typically next to a lake or natural pool. They offer amenities such as large sports fields, cabins, dining halls, cultural facilities, camp fires and much more. Summer Camps cater for children from all economic backgrounds, religious faiths and physical abilities. Camp Counsellors are needed for these camps to provide educational and cultural development to children and adolescents during their summer holidays. The duration of the programme is between eight and fifteen weeks with 30 days of independent travel.
- Aged between 18 and 32 years
- Completed your secondary education (matric certificate / school leavers certificate)
- Proficient in the English language
- Skills in at least 3 outdoor sporting and recreational activities
- Single with no dependants (never been married/divorced)
- In good health and physically fit
- A valid South African passport (or proof that you have applied for one)
- A police clearance certificate (YDP will apply for this on your behalf)
- Available to leave for the USA in May/June 2018
Included in the program fee
- Pre-arranged camp counsellor job at a Summer Camp in America
- Free Accommodation and three meals a day
- Total pocket money of up to USD 1700
- International travel health insurance for the duration of the programme (3 months)
- All processing costs in South Africa & USA
- 24 Hour Emergency Contact
- 30 days of independent travel after the completion of the programme
You must be prepared to live and work for eight to fifteen weeks at a Summer Camp with children and co-workers.
Once you have registered for the Summer Camps programme and paid your registration fee, YDP will assist you in completing your application. Upon receiving all of the necessary documentation, your file will be sent to our placement partner abroad which will then be reviewed within 24 hours. The placement process then begins. You will be notified immediately once you are placed as a Camp Counsellor at a Summer Camp. Your next step will be the visa application and upon approval you will be on your way.
|1.||Once off YDP registration fee||R 432|
|2.||Programme Fee||R 5995|
|3.||American Consular Visa Fee||USD $160|
|4.||Airfares||+/- R10 000|
Amazing experience at Summer Camp through YDP.