HOSPITALITY INTERNSHIPS IN THE USA
Imagine working in a hotel with 15,000 guests in Las Vegas, or Miami and being part of some of the biggest and best hotels and resorts in the world. YDP’s Hospitality Internship / Professional Career Training in America programme is an excellent work and study opportunity for students, recent graduates and those with five or more years work experience in the hospitality industry. Spend between six and twelve months enjoying work overseas in in the USA, gaining practical work experience. Should you already have arranged your USA internship independently, YDP will facilitate your entire visa process. We are industry leaders in hospitality internships and professional career training having been facilitating these programmes for over 10 years. We also work with some of the most prestigious hotels and resorts in America. These include, but are not limited to, The Hilton, Luxury Resorts, The Marriott, The Radisson, Inter Continental, Ritz Carlton and many other private and exclusive brands that will provide you with the best working holidays.
YDP Work&Travel is proud to be working hand in hand with our international partner to offer young South Africans the opportunity to work in the USA for 1 year on a hospitality internship program at leading resorts and hotels throughout the USA.
Take a look at this youtube video that shows a live webinar we had where we hosted our US partner & SA hotel students to chat about this program.
This video will help you understand how the program works & what to expect when you get to the USA.
- Aged between 20 and 30 years (there are some exceptions to those over 30 years of age)
- Completed your secondary education (matric certificate / school leavers certificate)
- Either a) Full time hospitality student; b) A recent hospitality graduate (within 12 months); c) A minimum of 3 years of full time tertiary education in the fields of hotel management, culinary arts, food & beverage, recreation, leisure or tourism (NQF 4), d) A minimum of five years certifiable work experience in the fields of hotel management, culinary arts, food & beverage, recreation, leisure or tourism; e) A combination of 1 year’s work experience as well as a minimum of a 2 year diploma/degree in the fields of hotel management, culinary arts, food & beverage, recreation, leisure or tourism
- Proficient in the English language
- In good health and physically fit
- A valid South African passport (or proof that you have applied for one)
- A police clearance certificate
Included in the programme fee
- Health, accident and liability insurance for the duration of the programme (maximum of 12 months)
- All processing costs in South Africa and the USA
- Application, interview and placement
- Visa application assistance for DS-2019 (J-1 internship visa) for a 12 month duration with the America Consulate
- Pre-departure orientation
- Participant handbook and guide
- Accommodation assistance
- Online Tax-back application assistance
- Assistance and emergency service through the USA based partner for the full duration of the programme
- US SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System) Fee of $180
Remuneration for the hospitality programme in America is based on the applicant’s experience and varies from position to position. Expect to earn between USD 1 000 and USD 3 000 per month. Generally the lesser paid internships offer perks such as free housing etc.
Trainees will be required to follow a structured training plan while participating in the programme with 32 hours of work per week and 2 days off per week. Overtime will be paid for over 45 hours worked.
APPLICATION & PROCESSING
You will need to Submit the application documentation and application fee to YDP. You will then participate in an interview with our American Partner .YDP Partner will commence your internship negotiations
CONFIRMATION & PAYMENT
YDP Partner will arrange an interview for you with a potential Host Organisation after which the internship will be confirmed through a formal Training Agreement at which point, the final fee will be paid.
You will then be about to embark on an incredible journey. Your program will commence with an orientation. Once you begin your internship, YDP will be asking for your continued feedback and provide you with ongoing support
YDP Partner will negotiate with Immigration regarding visa processing (8 – 10 weeks) for the 402 visa. Or you can make alternative arrangements.
To ensure that you have the best internship possible arranged for you please apply 4 – 6 months prior to your intended internship start date.
Follow the below timelines as a guide:
Stage 1 Enquiry & Assessment Up to 2 week
Stage 2: Application & Processing 6 – 8 weeks
Stage 3: Confirmation & Payment 6 – 8 weeks
Stage 4: Visa Arrangements 8 – 10 weeks
Stage 5: Program Participation 6, 9 or 12 months
|1.||Once off YDP registration fee||R 500.00|
(Including application, all interviews & placement)
(Including, DS Forms, Visa,Sevis & Health Insurance)
International Return Airfares and local transport to your destination
|At your own cost|
Spending Money (Before first paycheck)
If you would like to apply for this program, please click here to see if you meet the requirements and we will be in touch with you.
“I really want to thank Ydp for the the hard work putting together this amazing opportunity for us as youth. I’m employed by the organisation name Kiawah island resort. Which is phenomanily beautiful on its own, I work in the food and beverage department and although I’m at the beginning phase with this department I feel that I’ve leaned alot even at this stage , My career life has taken a complete u turn heading straight to the Top.”