CAREER INTERNSHIPS IN BRITAIN
Global internships are regarded as the best way to maximize employability and to bridge the gap between academic studies and the working world.
The Intern in Britain program gives you the opportunity to boost your résumé by interning in the UK for up to 6 months. Experience first-hand the Great British culture as much more than just a tourist, while broadening your résumé in one of the world’s most exciting countries.
- 18 years or older
- Be a full-time degree level student or recent graduate ( within the last 12 months at the start of your internship )
- Hold nationality outside of the EEA
- Be able to show a minimum proof of funds ( $1500 )
Included in the programme fee
• Assistance with the full visa process
• Assistance to set up a bank account
• Assistance obtaining a tax number (called a National Insurance – or NI – number)
• Verification that your internship meets visa standards and monthly check-ins to make sure it’s all going to plan
• Support before you leave and for the full duration of your stay in the UK
• 24-hour emergency hotline
• Online orientation to help prepare you for life in the UK
• Assistance with booking flights, trips to explore the UK and beyond
• 3-day city arrival itinerary with activities and tours
• 3 nights centrally located arrival accommodation
• One-to-one UK travel consultation
• City insider e-guide
The internship must be a supernumerary, career-enhancing, limited duration opportunity. The level of remuneration, if any, must be agreed in advance between the intern and the employer. However, a UK employer is neither required to pay prevailing wage nor obligated to pay more than minimum wage for the particular position offered
We have broken this guide down into the following sections, allowing you to consult the sections that relate to you at each stage of the process: Finding an internship
- Register and complete an application form online with your YDP consultant and UK resume. At this point your YDP consultant will format your CV, which is crucial to ensure your application stands out to employers.
- Guidence on your reference letter to send to potential employers
- We will provide you with a letter that you can attach to your internship application, which clarifies to your potential employer that you will have the appropriate visa to intern in the UK at no extra cost to them.
Once you have secured your internship, we’re on hand to guide you through every step of the process to getting your working visa and making yourself at home in the UK for up to 6 months. We ensure your Intern in Britain application and overall experience is as smooth and efficient as possible. The success applicants have experienced once in the UK is a direct result of the effort they put in and is exactly why the Intern in Britain program continues to inspire top employers throughout the country to open their positions to American applicants
|1.||Once off YDP registration fee||R 500.00|
|2.||Interview Fee||USD$ 200|
|3.||Balance of Program Fee||USD$ 2365|
|4||International Return Airfares and local transport to your destination||SQ|
|5.||Visa Fee ( Paid Directly to the UK Government)||£ 230|
If you would like to apply for this program, please click here to see if you meet the requirements and we will be in touch with you.