CULINARY INTRERNSHIPS IN THE USA
So you want to be the next celebrity chef, you can! The Culinary Internship in America programme is an excellent opportunity to work overseas while gaining practical experience. Hone your culinary skills, in some of the best and biggest commercial kitchens in the world and bring your 5 star work and study experience home to be the next Master Chef. YDP works with some of the most prestigious hotels and resorts in America. They include, but are not limited to The Hilton, Luxury Resorts, The Marriott, The Radisson, Inter Continental, Ritz Carlton and many other private and exclusive brands. We will place you in a position and assist you with all visa processing to ensure a smooth journey working abroad. Apply today and begin the next step in your culinary career!
- Aged between 20 and 30 years (there are some exceptions to those over 30 years of age)
- Completed your secondary education (matric certificate / school leavers certificate)
- Either a) Full time culinary student; b) A recent culinary graduate (within 12 months); c) A minimum of two years of full time tertiary education in the fields of hotel management, culinary arts, food & beverage, recreation, leisure or tourism, d) A minimum of five years certifiable work experience in the fields of hotel management, culinary arts, food & beverage, recreation, leisure or tourism; e) A combination of one year’s work experience as well as a minimum of a two year diploma/degree in the fields of hotel management, culinary arts, food & beverage, recreation, leisure or tourism
- Proficient in the English language
- In good health and physically fit
- A valid South African passport (or proof that you have applied for one)
- A police clearance certificate
Included in the programme fee
- Health, accident and liability insurance for the duration of the programme (maximum of 12 months)
- All processing costs in South Africa and the USA
- Application, interview and placement
- Visa application assistance for DS-2019 (J-1 internship visa) for a 12 month duration with the America Consulate
- Pre-departure orientation
- Participant handbook and guide
- Accommodation assistance
- Online Tax-back application assistance
- Assistance and emergency service through the USA based partner for the full duration of the programme
- US SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System) Fee of $180
Remuneration is based on experience and varies from position to position. Expect to be earn between USD $1000 and USD $3000 per month. Generally the lesser paid internships offer perks such as free housing etc
Trainees will be required to follow a structured training plan while participating in the programme with 32 hours of work per week and 2 days off per week. Overtime will be paid for over 45 hours worked.
Once you have registered for the programme and paid your registration fee, YDP will assist you in completing your application forms and perform your personal interview. Your application file will then be sent to our placement partner who may request a further interview or additional documentation. Once you have been accepted onto the programme by our partner, you will be placed in a position. The next step will be the visa application process and once approved you will be on your way.
|1.||Once off YDP registration fee||R 500.00|
|2.||Part Programme Fee||USD $1050|
|3.||Final Programme Fee (dependent on the duration of the programme)||USD $1300 – $2000)|
International Return Airfares and local transport to your destination
American Consular Fee
If you would like to apply for this program, please click here to see if you meet the requirements and we will be in touch with you.