Agricultural internships in the USA
If farming is in your blood, or if you’re studying at an agricultural collage or varsity then you can gain some international farming experience at the biggest farms in America. On these farms combine harvesters are as big as a double storey house and your ability to learn new processes, new ideas and bring them back home to improve our own farming techniques is a reality. YDP’s Agricultural Internship programme in America provides young and aspiring South Africans who possess an agricultural degree or five years related experience, with the opportunity to participate in a life changing farming internship or training programme in the United States of America. Gain practical work experience in your specific agricultural field. Fast track your career by gaining international experience, earn US Dollars and learn a new culture while you work overseas. Apply today for one of our overseas jobs.
- Aged between 20 and 30 years (there are some exceptions to those over 30 years of age)
- Completed your secondary education (matric certificate / school leavers certificate)
- Either a) Full time tertiary student in a nationally recognised institution of higher education; b) A recent tertiary graduate (within 12 months); c) A minimum of five years relevant work experience in an agricultural field; e) A combination of one year’s work experience as well as a minimum of a two year diploma/degree
- Proficient in the English language
- In good health and physically fit
- A valid South African passport (or proof that you have applied for one)
- A police clearance certificate
Included in the program fee
- Health, accident and liability insurance for the duration of the programme (maximum of 12 months)
- All processing costs in South Africa and the USA
- Application, interview and placement
- Visa application assistance for DS-2019 (J-1 internship visa) for a 12 month duration with the America Consulate
- Pre-departure orientation
- Participant handbook and guide
- Accommodation assistance
- Online Tax-back application assistance
- Assistance and emergency service through the USA based partner for the full duration of the programme
- US SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System) Fee of $180
You will be required to work a minimum of 30 hours per week and a maximum of 45 hours per week with 2 days off each week. You will receive 10 working days of paid leave per year.
Once you have registered for the programme and paid your registration fee, you need to make an appointment to see your nearest YDP office for an interview, where you will also be required, if successful, to pay your interview fee. At this interview / meeting we ensure you are eligible for the programme and understand exactly what this programme will do for your career. We also provide you with the tools to write the perfect Resume (American term for CV), and also what you need to say in your covering letter so that prospective employees understand that they don’t have to get you the visa as YDP and our American partners are the sponsors for the J1 Internship via. We will, once your covering letter and Resume is perfect, show you the tools and places to find an internship, or in some cases send your file (Covering letter and Resume) to some of our American partners who have employers on their database looking for interns. It is much cheaper to find your own internship and it is easy with our help and invaluable resources. Once you or our partner has found you an internship, they have to compile a training plan which must be lodged with the American government, and then the (DS) forms are issued and couriered out to your nearest office, which you use to go to the USA Consulate in either Johannesburg, Durban or Cape Town to physically apply for your J1 visa. Once you have that you can book your ticket.
|1.||Once off YDP registration fee||R 350.00|
|2.||Part Programme Fee||USD $1050|
|3.||Final Programme Fee (dependent on the duration of the programme)||USD $1300 – $2000)|
|4||International Return Airfares and local transport to your destination||SQ|
|5.||American Consular Fee||USD $160|
More and more of our youth are interested in the Agriculture sector. If you are one of them, then our Agriculture Internship could be for you.