[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_single_image image=”1325″ border_color=”grey” img_link_large=”yes” img_link_target=”_blank” img_size=”810 x 521″][vc_column_text]Since 1994, we have sent over many enthusiastic travellers to work and travel in the United Kingdom. Many of whom decide to go it “on their own”, and many decide to go over with the assurance of guaranteed work the day they arrive. The choice is yours, however only if you have a valid British or European Union passort, or Ancestry eligibility can we assist you.
Why our programme?
As Southern Africa‘s first International Youth Organisation, we are affiliated to over 450 international youth organisations across the world. This gives us (and now you) access to various work and travel programmes as well as various cultural exchange programmes across the world, whether it be in America, China, Israel, England, France, Spain, Germany or Italy. Your next step is to book a one on one interview where we can establish your very needs. Contact us now and let the travel bug bite.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_accordion collapsible=”yes”][vc_accordion_tab title=”Included in the programme”][vc_column_text]
- Return flights from either Joburg, Durban or Cape Town to your destination in the USA are FREE!
- US$500 education allowance to study a course of your choice at US college
- au-pairs get 1.5 days off per week, plus weekends, plus 2 weeks paid vacation if you complete your programme
- Medical insurance
- A counsellor within an hour’s drive of you
- A minimum tax free wage of US$195,75 (±R1, 600) per week
- A 13th month to travel the United States
- Option to extend for a second year
[/vc_column_text][/vc_accordion_tab][vc_accordion_tab title=”Programme requirements”][vc_column_text]
- At least 2 child care references from non relatives
- Aged between 18 and 26 years
- Experience with children under the age of 2 is preferred (it is easier to place you), and babysitting of at least 200 hours.
- A valid driver’s license (or in the process of applying for one)
- A vaild Passport
- A Police Clearance Certificate
- Applicant’s must agree to commit to a full year (12 months) in the USA
- Be single and have no dependants (never been married/divorced)
- Completed your secondary education (matric certificate / school leavers certificate)
[/vc_column_text][/vc_accordion_tab][vc_accordion_tab title=”Working Conditions”][vc_column_text]You must be prepared to work 45 hours a week and to do light household duties. You will have one full weekend off each month as well as two weeks paid leave during your year. You will be expected to do babysitting, which forms part of your 45-hour week.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_accordion_tab][vc_accordion_tab title=”How it works”][vc_column_text]Once you have registered for the YDP Au-pair in America programme and payed your R350 registration fee (which includes an electronic police clearance application done in the comfort of our YDP offices), we will complete your Au Pair application within two working days. Upon completion of application and interview at your nearest YDP branch, your file will be sent to our placement partner in America and your file will then be reviewed within 24 hours.
The family / au pair selection process is as follows:
- You choose your date of arrival
- You explain to the consultant the type of family with which you wish to live
- As well as what lifestyle, i.e. city life, ranch in the country, suburban town etc.
- The age group of the children you wish to be an au pair.
Then, you are matched with a family accordingly! Once your dedicated au pair consultant has received information from our placement partner about the potential host family, you will be notified immediately so that you are prepared for your telephone call. Very Exciting![/vc_column_text][/vc_accordion_tab][vc_accordion_tab title=”Cost involved”][vc_column_text]
|1.||R350||Registration (includes electronic police clearance application)|
|3.||R1,500||Application fee, due upon acceptance|
|4.||R2,950||Final payment upon placement|
YDP also offer our unique ABSOLUTE AU PAIR programme, designed exclusively for applicants with childcare and teaching qualifications or two years experience as a live-in au pair.
All ABSOLUTE AU PAIRS qualify for a R1 000 discount off the above mentioned programme fees.
NB: The host family in the USA pays for the flight of the au pair from their city of departure to the city of destination Upon successful completion of the full au pair year, you will be eligible for your a return flight home – payed for by your host family.[/vc_column_text][/vc_accordion_tab][/vc_accordion][/vc_column][/vc_row]